Sunday 22 June 2014

A guide to finding your perfect job. (Like your perfect man)

I have always been in wanderlust for a long time now. I couldn’t stand a desk bound job in a office setting for now at least, I couldn’t bear it. Finding a perfect job is awful, it’s so difficult, especially for  people like  me, in  their  20s,  torned  between  living  everything  behind  and travelling or to start paving out their career path. It’s torturous. After a long while spending thinking  about  my perfect job, I  finally realized  it’s akin to  finding  your  perfect  man, or women per say. How should I put it, there is no perfect job out there. Sorry to burst all your little bubbles  of hope, all jobs  have their own fair  share of stress  and problems, which is a fact. BUT there is something else which we can all achieve, finding the best job for ourselves.


        1. Classic 3 prong

Looks familiar? Haha. I think things in life are often balanced by these 3 classic words. Of course striking a balance in these 3 would be the best, but more than often 1 of these factors have to be slightly sacrificed.

      2.  Everyone is different.

Something that works for me might not work for you. For instance, I can live with a man who doesn’t have an extraordinary income but dote on me like hell, but some women need the wealth in their life. Notice how is it similar with your career? I like a job with great flexibility (Quality). Sometimes it also means working beyond regular hours. For some, having a high pay is of utmost importance, and usually it means boring or extremely stressed jobs. For some, they would prefer a stress free job but might indicate a lower pay range.

3. What can you give up?

If we gonna start asking what do we want, we usually end up with unrealistic answers leading to a futile discussions. So an easier way would be to ask yourself what can you give up. Can you give up high wages for a stress free job? Can you give up your hours for your passion? What is the least of your concerns? Money? Flexible working hours? Stress free? Career prospect? Or could it be even nasty boss? Or the need to meet clients? As we slowly build up this list of realistic wants and don’ts, there, you may have finally found a direction to work towards to.

I think by understanding these 3 concepts, we can better understand what we want to achieve in life. It’s a little like the elimination method but hack it, it works! (ps. That's how I found the perfect man for me! Wheeee!)

Now, just a little photo of my Taiwan Trip as an appetizer! 

Sunrise on 明山 pinyin: Yángmíngshān

No comments:

Post a Comment